FAQs Renters 2018-03-08T18:11:32+00:00


Below are answers to some frequently asked questions. If you cannot find what you are looking for here, please contact Laura Wells or Tomasz Hryciuk.

Residents’ Dos and Dont’s

Boardwalk Place, like any residential development, needs a simple set of rules to ensure harmonious living, a safe environment and the preservation of a friendly and tidy ambience. Adhering to these rules helps make our development a great place to live, as well as protecting the capital values.  The leases make provision for this, and these simple points need to be adhered to

Where do I put my rubbish? 2018-02-16T15:23:42+00:00

Each block has a bin store which is located in the car park area. Please ensure that your rubbish is properly wrapped and put inside the bins provided. As considerate residents, please make sure your rubbish doesn’t leak in the lift and place inside the bins, not next to them.

If you have large household items such as fridges, sofas etc. for a small charge the Local Authority can collect and dispose of these for you. Call Tower Hamlets Council on 0207 364 5004 and they will make arrangements with you. Please do not just leave these items in the bin store as the council will not take them with the normal rubbish collection. We have to pay for a private company to remove dumped items and that will add costs to all our service charges.

If you do leave any items for the Council please tell the staff in the estate office.

Do you know any tradesmen who can do small repairs? 2018-02-16T15:23:42+00:00

KFH maintain a list of tradesmen recommended by residents and will supply details to you if you contact them. KFH do not recommend them, the tradesmen do not pay to go on the list, nor do Poplar Dock or KFH take any payment from the tradesmen on the list.

If you can recommend a good tradesman that you have used at Boardwalk Place then please let KFH know and they can add the details to the list.

I have a problem with a broken lock or a missing key for my windows / balcony doors 2018-02-22T19:14:52+00:00

The windows and doors in Boardwalk Place are high-quality commercial designs, and require specialist attention if broken or damaged. Please contact the estate office if you have a problem. They can put you in touch with the specialist company who can repair them. The cost will be charged to the leaseholder.

Can I get help moving into or out of Boardwalk Place? 2018-02-16T15:23:42+00:00

In one word, yes!

If you’re moving in or out, please contact the estate office a few days beforehand on 020 7531 0126. The staff there will advise you on the best access to and from your apartment, as it may not be the main entrance. He will also arrange for protective wall mats to be put up in the lift, both to protect the lift itself and any of your furniture in there.

Parking can also be reserved for removal vans if necessary. There is no charge for this service.

If you’re moving in, welcome to Boardwalk Place and please check out the Do’s and Don’ts guide on this site for help and advice.

How do I get my entryphone connected? 2018-02-16T15:23:42+00:00

Go to the estate office and you will be asked to complete a form with your details including the telephone number. The entryphone system outside simply calls a landline number programmed in beforehand. The form will be sent to the company that maintains the system and they will connect your number to the entrance panel. This may take up to 24 hours, or longer if you apply at the weekend. We have to charge for the administration of this service, and it is currently £25 per entrance.

I am expecting a visitor – where can they park their car? 2018-02-16T15:23:42+00:00

Visitor parking spaces are very limited at Boardwalk Place. There is one visitor permit issued to each flat, either to the owner or the tenant. Please give this to your visitor to display in their car.

If you don’t have a permit your visitor can obtain a temporary permit from the estate office although these are for one-off visits only – please don’t attempt to reuse. If you have more than one car you cannot use your visitor permit to park elsewhere. Vehicles not displaying a permit or abusing the system in this way will be clamped. We have to have a system like this in place to stop people simply parking in our development then going into Canary Wharf to work, shop etc.

What happens if a delivery arrives for me and I am not in to collect it? 2018-02-16T15:23:42+00:00

The package/parcel will be left at the estate office and you will receive a notification slip on the same day. You can then collect your delivery but you must take the slip and proof of identity with you. Deliveries are only kept for one month and then sent back to the sender.

What do I do if I see a light bulb that has gone out in the common areas? 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

We need you to tell us if anything is wrong in Boardwalk Place – it’s hard for us to know everything happening in every corridor in every block every day. Please go to the estate office, or call the staff there. We keep spare bulbs on site but if the light is difficult to access a contractor may need to be called out. It will be repaired as soon as possible.

How can I read my electricity meter? 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

You can collect a key to the electricity cupboard from the porters lodge.

What do I do if I need a service provider to call while I am not there? 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

We understand that, as busy people, you may need to leave keys for someone else to access your apartment. You can leave keys at the estate office – just tell the staff who you are expecting and when, and they will deal with it for you.

Please don’t stick a note next to the entryphone – sticky tape and other adhesives damage the marble surrounds next to most of the entryphone systems. Repairing this involves a total resurface/shine of the marble which is very expensive.

Balcony Maintenance 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

According to the lease, the floors of the balconies belong to the apartment owner, whilst the walls and railings are part of the building. Balconies should only be cleaned with a dilute solution of general cleaning fluid (something like Flash or Ecover etc). Please take care to ensure that fluids do not drip onto the balconies below. Under no circumstances should pressure washers be used on the balconies or the walls.

Balcony walls, boards and railings should not be painted or varnished – it’s not allowed in the leases as it would lead to a very disparate and variable looking development.

Sub-letting Apartments 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

The terms of the lease must be observed when letting out your apartment to tenants. Apartments can only be sub-let as a whole unit. Apartments must not be let as serviced accommodation of any sort. The council needs to license such serviced accommodation.

A very important provision on your leases is that car parking spaces must not be rented separately to your apartment. This is for all our security – people who don’t live here should not be able to access our car parks and internal areas.

Sub-letting Parking Spaces 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

Parking spaces cannot be sub-let on their own. This is due to security concerns and is written into the leases

Bin Stores 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

Bin stores should only be used for domestic rubbish. Larger items need to be removed by the council. Being next to water in Central London means rats are a real problem – please always place rubbish in a closed bag inside the bins, not on the floor, as this encourages vermin.

If the bins at the front of the bin store are full please contact the porters’ lodge and empty bins will be moved to the front.

On no account should you use the bins along the road around the development for household rubbish, or the ones outside the British Waterways’ marina entrance – the latter are for houseboat residents only.

There are six recycling bins located in four separate bin stores. If you want to recycle and there isn’t a bin in the bin store that you normally use then please ask at the estate office. The staff there will be able to tell you how to access the nearest bin.

Balconies 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

We aim to ensure Boardwalk Place is a well-kept and smart development, for all our benefit. As such, there are regulations in place that forbid using balconies to store household goods, bikes or to dry washing. This is in every lease and as such is compulsory.

ON NO ACCOUNT are barbecues allowed to be used on a balcony. Not only it is unpleasant for other residents but it is also a serious fire hazard. All but a few balconies are made of wooden planks, and embers/sparks can fall through to balconies below – and have done in the past. This area is one of the most common for issues from residents.

Please keep our development looking tidy – only tables, chairs and plants on balconies.

Noise 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

Residents are requested to keep music, parties and general noise to a minimum. Please be aware of your neighbours generally. For example, if you have the good fortune and skill to play a musical instrument, please play it within sensible times!

Please remember your neighbours, particularly in summer months when most residents have their windows open. Being considerate benefits us all.

Satellite TV 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

Satellite dishes are not allowed on the development under the terms of the lease, and there is no need to have one anyway. Every block of apartments in Boardwalk Place has a communal dish.

Terrestrial and Freeview digital TV are available as standard. Sky+ and HD require an additional receiver box, but are easily arranged for you. Details are in the FAQ section of the site.

Parking Bays 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

Parking bays are for cars, motorbikes and bicycles only. Nothing else is allowed to be kept in the bays. Storage of items in parking spaces may constitute a fire hazard, something by law we cannot ignore.

Residents who store items in their parking bays will be given a warning and, if that warning is ignored, the items will be removed. The resident will be charged for that removal.

In addition, cars must not be serviced, filled with petrol or washed in the car parks.

Corridors 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

Corridors, stairwells and entrance areas in the development must be kept clear at all times. This is essential to ensure easy exit in case of a fire and also to ensure that our communal areas look tidy. This includes external door mats which aren’t allowed by the leases as they are a trip hazard.

Please do not need unwanted post on top of the mail boxes. Please either post it back into a Royal Mail postbox marked ‘no longer at this address’ or return it to the estate office.

Barbecues 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

Barbecues are not allowed anywhere on the development. This includes penthouses and ground floor apartments. Not only are they unpleasant for residents in surrounding apartments but they are a serious fire hazard.

Similarly, barbecues must not be stored on balconies or in parking spaces.

Apartment Windows 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

The lease states that laundry must not be hung inside of windows where it can be seen from outside. Windows should be lined with white lined curtains only.

This rule is in place to try and make Boardwalk Place look consistent and well-maintained. It benefits us all as residents and/or owners to make the development look consistent.

If your window is broken, please check the FAQ section of this website for details on how to get it repaired.

Visitor Parking 2018-02-16T15:23:43+00:00

Parking is only allowed within designated parking spaces. The majority of spaces are allocated to individual apartments, however there are a small number of visitors’ spaces for all our use. Most apartments have one parking space. Every resident is entitled to a visitor’s permit.

The visitor’s permit is for short term parking in the visitors’ parking bays only. The permit must not be used to permanently park a car. The porters check registration numbers to ensure this doesn’t happen, and any abuse will result in the permit being cancelled, the owner notified and the car being clamped. Parking permits must not be sold or rented – again, this is checked frequently.

We employ a clamping company to regularly visit the site for all our benefit. They will clamp anyone parked incorrectly. There is a release fee, payable to the company, for any clamped vehicle.

Please note the area in front of the main arch must be kept clear at all times as it is required for emergency access to the dockside blocks – the large square arch over the plaza next to Fraser Place.

If you lose your permit, a new one can be obtained from the Managing Agents or a request can be made at the estate office. There is a charge of £5 for such replacements to cover administrative costs. Lost permits will be cancelled and so it is important not to use a permit if subsequently found as the car will be clamped.