Poplar Dock Management Company Ltd. is a company with the sole purpose of managing the Boardwalk Place development. It is collectively owned by the leaseholders of the apartments and houses on the estate, with each of the 408 properties owning one share. Each share is attached to a particular property and is sold on with any change of ownership.
The company aims to break even each year by collecting sufficient service charges to cover expenditure. It does not seek to make a profit.
Poplar Dock Management Company Ltd. is managed by a Board of Directors, whose appointment is voted on by shareholders at the Annual General Meeting.
The day to day running of the development is contracted out by Poplar Dock Management Company Ltd to KFH, who are the managing agents.
The BWP Board
The Board is made up of the Directors of the Poplar Docklands Management Company Ltd, and meets once a month.
The Directors are owners of property on the estate, either owner-occupiers or buy-to-let investors, with the exception of one director who represents Fraser Place (the serviced apartment block which owns the largest number of units on the development).
The appointment of Directors is voted on annually by the property shareholders, at the Annual General Meeting. Directors hold the post for one year, and any wishing to remain in post must be re-elected at the AGM.
The Directors’ work is unpaid – they receive no remuneration nor claim expenses. The Directors aim to have no commercial or financial interest in any supplier of goods or services to the management company, but if such a possible conflict arises two independent directors will review the situation before making a recommendation to the Board.
The Company currently has ten Directors who are:
- Ahmad Imtiaz
- Ahmed Omar
- Battalgazi Sabiha
- Delfino Julian
- Evans Christopher
- Kaan Mahtab
- Khatib Aslam
- Lohne Chambers Astrid
- Madani Hitesh
- Tewes James
If you are interested in becoming a Director or Poplar Management Company Ltd. please contact Laura Wells on 020 3542 0170 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Board’s Guiding Principles
The Board follows a set of principles in managing Boardwalk Place. These are detailed below:
- The estate should be managed and maintained at a high standard, reflecting the location and type of properties on the development.
- The estate should be managed in such a way to maximise and preserve the capital and rental value of the properties.
- The management company should be organised on a sound financial footing, meaning proper and realistic budgeting, and adequate funding of the Reserve Funds based on the independently prepared 10 Year Maintenance Plan.
- When tendering contracts, value for money should be balanced with excellence of service.
- The starting premise is that all facilities, infrastructure and services which were in place when the development opened should be maintained, and that we should ensure that Boardwalk Place keeps up with modern requirements as new technology and base standards for Canary Wharf residential developments evolve.
- Residents’ views and expectations vary enormously – one resident’s “unnecessary” expenditure is another resident’s “essential” expenditure. The directors have to take all residents views into account when deciding where and when to spend money and how much.
- The directors should adhere to best practice guidelines for managing residential developments. This includes monthly minuted board meetings, independent auditing of accounts, regular residents meetings and communication, and formal tendering of contracts.
- In common with other large scale residential developments, the estate has to meet the health and safety requirements of commercial work places, and the directors must adhere to legally mandated inspections / improvements as required, and in this respect they work to the advice / guidance of the Managing Agents.
- Service Charges have to be controlled and kept as low as possible, but reflecting the money needed to maintain and manage the development as outlined in the guiding principles.
Staff mobile: 07961 080316
Estate Office: 020 7531 0126
email : email@example.com
Tomasz Hryciuk – Site Manager
Tomasz joined the team in June 2012 as a caretaker – he has a good understanding of maintenance issues and had extensive previous experience.
In February 2015 Tomasz was promoted to the position of Site Manager. Tomasz is in charge of the estate office, often seen up to his eyes in parcels!
Tomasz interacts well with residents and has an outgoing personality – he is interested in art, science and healthy eating.
Seth Bortey – Caretaker
Seth joined the team in July 2015 as caretaker. Seth as a positive attitude to delivering good customer service and a flexible approach when carrying out duties.
Seth can usually be seen out and about keeping the estate tidy – he also carries out minor maintenance tasks, changed light bulbs etc.
On a personal level he is interested in web designing and spending quality family time together.
KFH Managing Agents
The day to day management of the estate is contracted out to Managing Agents.
Kinleigh Folkard and Hayward (KFH) were appointed as Managing Agents for Boardwalk Place on 1 October 2008, and further details about the company can be found on their web site www.kfh.co.uk